Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

An Introduction (of Sorts)

Me?  I am 28 years old. I am a wife and I am a  stay at home mother to five week old twins.
I have one of each. A boy and a girl…and no…they are not identical (obviously- though you’d be surprised how many people ask!). I love knitting, horror movies, music that rocks, reading in the bath tub and being left alone. 
Before this whole "married with children thing", I went to University, did interesting things, traveled and worked my ass off at one shitty and thankless job after another. My last job (the job I worked my ass off to get) was as the Payroll manager for a popular cell phone company. I loved it (I had my own freaking office!) and I loved the people. Honestly, I miss it. And I worry that once the babies are ready for me to leave them (in several years) if I'll be able to get a job like that again.

My babies? They are Badger and Bug (obviously not their real names). We are just getting to know each other, but so far they are pretty cool. They are completely unique and I cannot imagine my life without them.


My husband? His name is Bill. He works incredibly hard and loves me more then I ever imagined anyone could love me. He is my rock and my world. People are confused by our bickering and teasing, but its just how we roll. We try not to take ourselves too seriously. He is literally the only person on this earth who "gets" me.

I can honestly say that I don’t necessarily recommend having two babies at once- but there is something to be said for the efficiency.

Pets? I have two cats and I'm one of "those" cat people. They are my fur babies and if I was single I would have a house full of cats. I'd be the cat lady and my house would probably smell funny. There, I admitted it. 
Sawyer and Ronan (my original babies)




 Other People in My Life? I am lucky enough to have amazing friends and family.These people are so important- family and friends always come first. You know who you are.


A very small sample of some of the best people (and fur-friends) in my life.



To Wrap it All up? I am not sure if I can write or not, and I certainly don’t know if I can write anything interesting. I am terrible at grammar and spelling, and I know without a doubt that I am in dire need of an editor.

(Cue tangent proving my point about needing an editor...)

I have a friend, a good friend, one of those kinds of friends whom though you never see , you stay friends forever. (You go months, maybe even years without seeing them, but when you do it is like no time has passed. I have a handful of people like this is my life, and they are invaluable).

Anyway, it is this aforementioned friend who is the only person in the world who could be (and has been) my editor. For several years she edited every one of my papers for University, and it’s totally to her credit that I managed to graduate with a GPA of any respectability. 

She once told me that, “I had an completely unique way of getting to my point”

Which is a polite way of saying, “you might actually have a learning disorder”.

She is the only person on this earth I would let edit me. 

Since she spends her days studying and working to become someone interesting and I spend my days covered in my own milk (both fresh and regurgitated) I can’t exactly bother her every time I want to write an inane thought that no one will read. 

(annnnnnnd....tangent complete)
 
SO, You will have to suffer through me, unedited,and unapologetic...mommy brain and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment